Every Guest who comes to ABODE must:
- Be a patient of a hospice agency in the San Antonio area
- Be diagnosed with a terminal disease/condition with three months, weeks or days to live
- Have a signed Out-Of-Hospital Do Not Resuscitate (OOH DNR)
- Have a person responsible for the Guest’s healthcare decisions and financial matters
- Have a hospice plan for continued care in case of discharge
Among our other criteria:
- No infectious or contagious diseases/conditions – COVID-19, HEP C, HIV, MRSA, shingles, scabies, lice, complex wounds and the like.
- No IVs or in-use feeding tubes.
- Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease will be considered on a case-by-case basis and only if either is a secondary diagnosis.
- No aggressive, violent behaviors. Mental health issues considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you think that ABODE is right for your patient, please call us at (210) 967-9891 and email all clinicals to email@example.com. Please put your patient’s name in the subject line. We’ll follow up with you.
Also, if you’d like a tour of ABODE, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.