Every Guest who comes to ABODE must:
- Be a patient of a hospice agency in the San Antonio area
- Be diagnosed with a terminal disease/condition with three months, weeks or days to live
- Have a signed Out-Of-Hospital Do Not Resuscitate (OOH DNR)
- Have a person responsible for the Guest’s healthcare decisions and financial matters
- Have a hospice plan for continued care in case of discharge
Among our other criteria:
- No infectious or contagious diseases/conditions – COVID-19, HEP C, HIV, MRSA, shingles, scabies, lice, complex wounds and the like.
- No IVs or in-use feeding tubes.
- Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease will be considered on a case-by-case basis and only if either is a secondary diagnosis.
- No aggressive, violent behaviors. Mental health issues considered on a case-by-case basis.
When you think that ABODE would be right for you, ask your hospice social worker to refer you to us – or they may suggest ABODE to you. Our number is (210) 967-9891. We’ll need your clinicals emailed to us at email@example.com. Your name should be included in the subject line.
If you meet our criteria, we’ll add you to our waiting list. When a room opens, we will visit you and your family to review our various agreements and services and ensure we’re the right fit for one another.